we hope you have a great summer and would like to invite you to bring some sunshine/ positive energy to our July open meeting tomorrow and perhaps join us for a drink in the Uni Arms after the meeting.
Date: 27 July 2017
Place: The Diamond, Workroom 1
We got loads of project news and love to welcome new people and new ideas.
Please find quick news and agenda at the end of this email.
As it is summer, our excellent student society coordinators are mostly away, but we hope some students that are still around in Sheffield and can make it tomorrow.
For anybody who registered newly and haven't been at a meeting before, don't worry, we give you an introduction and really love to see new people.
Our Co-Chair Christian presented about CNU at the Energy2050 symposium on Monday and perhaps some of the students and staff got interested and will join us? It was really great to see all the research and innovation happening there and we would love to get it implemented around campus. Please come around with your proposals!
News and meeting agenda below.
We hope you have a great Wednesday and see you tomorrow!
Your lovely CNU coordinators
Quick and positive news :)
- In terms of our online presence, you might have noticed that we finally got a simpler website url - www.carbonneutraluniversity.org. However the old address is also still working.
- oh, and the combustion engine is going to dissappear from Britain... by 2040! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40723581
- more news at the meeting (bring a positive piece)
Quick Agenda for July meeting tomorrow
- positive news and local updates
- there will a very exciting news piece (actually 2) in terms of University developments and sustainability (come and find out ;)
- ongoing project work will be summarised to keep us up to date and get new people involved;
- current projects
- 'What works' guide on systems change (follow up from our 'systems change' workshop in May - blog here, project lead: Adam)
- Video editing and progress of 'systems change' workshop talks (project lead: student society and Max)
- Climate and sustainability film project with Green Impact (project lead: Sarah)
- Preparing a sustainability forum lunch event for University staff (lead by Nick , who is currently recovering from an operation - Get well!)
- Communications evening event to tell us how to communicate climate action effectively - we hope to get George Marshall in November (project lead: Kathryn) - we need team members to organise the event, including room bookings, food, invitations and flyers
- defining our coordinator positions and ensure a steady interest of people that would like to get involved running the network and make a difference (project lead: Christian, Rachael)
- Our Handbook is coming along and should help any new coordinators to find their feet faster!! (Project lead: Lucy)
- Potential website updates: we got a new mock up design for our website and we need to decide if we take this forward
- introduce new ideas to discuss shortly and set up next steps
- 20-30min time to work in teams on the projects
- Summary of team work and defining next steps
- End of July meeting
- >>> Head over to the Uni Arms and have a drink to continue any discussions
In order to keep up to date, please have a look at our online presence.
Youtube: Carbon Neutral University Sheffield