we all hope you had a great start in the new term and are eager to get involved.
Lucky for you there is just an amazing amount of stuff happening at the moment.
For example last weeks 'Big Conversation on the Environment' with our MP Paul Blomfield was just such a fantastic event, which overlapped with our normal open meeting schedule and made us decide to move it to this Thursday.
1. Yes you heard right, our CNU open meeting (originally the September meeting) will take place tomorrow. ;)
Date: 5 October, Thursday
Place: Room SR C12c, Dainton Building (opposite Uni Arms)
Link to Facebook event page.
Agenda points at the end of the email.
2. Equally import and more urgent if you are a student, I would also like to remind you that our CNU student society meets now weekly every Wednesday at 4pm in Lecture Theatre 11, Hicks Building.
So there is a CNUSoc meeting TODAY, 4pm!
Please join the student society on their quest to campaign for a carbon neutral university and get involved in making our campus a greener affair.
Link to Facebook event page
3. Also we would like to point you to a number of events that we think are environmentally and locally relevant and and should be really fun to attend in the next two weeks (starting today!).
- Today (4 Oct): Free Film Screening 'A Plastic Ocean' & Panel talk, Time: 18.30-20.50, Sheffield Student Union Auditorium, Link to Facebook event
- Next week (9-13 Oct): SU Environmental Film Festival (you need to book tickets) showing three great films. Sheffield Student Union Auditorium 1) Chasing Ice (Monday, 9 Oct, 7.30pm), 2) Merchants of Doubt (Wednesday 11 Oct, 7.30pm), 3) Demain (Friday, 13 Oct, 7.30pm), Link to Facebook event
- Saturday next week (14 Oct): The big RALLY against fracking in Sheffield!! 'Keep fossil fuels in the ground', 10.30am-12, Sheffield City Hall, Link to Facebook event
In order to not extend the email much further, I will now just finish with a short list of agenda items for tomorrow's CNU open meeting.
- Welcome and introductions
- Good news and event sharing
- George Marshall communications event organisation need to be finalised (event on 21 November) - flyers, finances etc (project lead: Kathy)
- Our 'What works' guide writing group update (Adam)
- CNUSoc project update and support (Yahya)
- Update on University sustainability governance (Christian)
- Recruitment follow up (yes we need you!)
We hope to see you tomorrow and at the various fabulous events around.
Your lovely CNU coordinators